The 30th Annual Governor's Service Awards
The Governor's Service Awards are presented by the Governor's Office on Service and Volunteerism each year. These awards recognize Maryland citizens for their significant volunteer contributions to the life and health of the State and its people during a particular period of time. This year, the awards will recognize volunteer service during 2012 (or longer for a lifetime achievement). The awards will be presented to selected recipients and invitees at an event in the fall.
Please Note: The deadline for the 2013 Governor's Service Awards has passed and nominations will no longer be accepted.
Recipients of the Governor's Service Awards must exemplify the following characteristics:
- Demonstrate sustained volunteer commitment to meeting Maryland's most
pressing human and/or environmental community needs;
- Engage in meaningful volunteer service that makes a measurable difference in
- Represent extraordinary acts of generosity and kindness; and
- Through volunteerism, have an impact on the greater community.
Find a description of last year's recipients of the Governor's Service Awards and event
photos by clicking here.
Nominations are due on June 3, 2013 by 5:00 pm.
To find out more about the nomination process, and eligibility, please read our 2013 Service Award Guidelines.
Nominations will be accepted in these categories:
Individual Volunteer Service
- Youth (18 and under)
- Adult (19-54)
- Older Adult (55 and older)
- Lifetime Achievement
- National Service Participant (AmeriCorps State/National, VISTA, NCCC; Senior Corps)
Organizational/Program Volunteer Service
- For Profit Business
- Faith-Based Organization
- Nonprofit Organization
- Youth Group (Volunteers are 18 and under)
- Adult Group (Volunteers are 19 - 54)
- Older Adult Group (Volunteers are 55 and older)
Teacher Demonstrating Excellence in Service-Learning (in or out-of class)