The Governor’s Office on Service and Volunteerism (GOSV) works with a number of partners to provide opportunities for nonprofits, businesses, and schools to honor the contributions of local volunteers. Through these annual events, the GOSV provides opportunities to recognize the extraordinary work of volunteers across Maryland.
During each Baltimore Ravens home game throughout the 2017 Regular season, the Honor Rows program will salute youth groups who provide outstanding services to our communities. Honorees will be selected by a panel of youth service leaders, with the assistance of Baltimore Ravens, GOSV and M&T Bank staff, and will receive:
- Up to 100 tickets per group to attend a Baltimore Ravens game at M&T Bank Stadium (groups must provide own transportation)
- “Honor Rows” T-shirts (to be worn during the game)
- Official in-game recognition of honorees on RavensVision
- Opportunity to be featured on a WBAL-TV telecast prior to each home game
Selection Criteria – Honorees will be chosen based on one or more of the following guidelines:
- The extent to which the group meets the need of the surrounding community
- The extent to which the group develops the leadership, personal and social skills of its members
- The involvement of at-risk youth, among the group’s members and/or the community the group serves
*Please Note – The group must be comprised of youth volunteers and not an adult group that works with youth. Organizations must demonstrate a strong commitment to servicing the needs of the local community to qualify for consideration.
Please refer to the sample nomination for more information and submit a nomination at http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/community/honor-rows.html.
Each year, the Governor honors Maryland’s 1.3 million volunteers with a special day at the Maryland State Fair. Organizations and individuals may request discounted passes to distribute to volunteers. The passes provide discounts on admission, rides, food, and games at the Maryland State Fair during the Governor’s Volunteer Appreciation Day. This year, Governor’s Volunteer Appreciation Day will be held on August 27, 2017. Request your passes and learn more.
For 34 years, the Governor’s Office on Service & Volunteerism has presented the Governor’s Service Awards. These awards recognize Maryland citizens for their significant contributions to the life and health of the State and its people during a particular period of time. This year, the ceremony will recognize service during 2016 (or longer for a lifetime achievement. The awards will be presented to selected recipients and invitees at an event in the fall.To learn more about the Governor’s Service Awards, visit our Service Awards page.