2. Maryland Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) – Donate Supplies
Maryland Volunteer Organizations Active in Disasters (VOAD) and the Adventist Community Services (ACS) have partnered to coordinate the collection and dissemination of these vital supplies. These efforts are in support of the Maryland Emergency Management Agency and other state agencies to provide drop-off sites for medical, cleaning supplies donations.
“I would like to thank the voluntary organizations active in disaster for assisting Marylanders in this time of need,” said MEMA Executive Director Russ Strickland. “This network of donations centers allows the community to help those on the front lines of fighting this virus. We could not respond to the challenges of COVID-19 without a whole of community effort.”
Donate Specific Items:
- UNUSED (in original packaging):
- N95 Masks (with or without valve)
- KN95 Masks
- Protective Face Shields/Goggles
- Nitrile Gloves
- Hospital Gown
- Disinfection Cleaners
- Hand Soap
- Hand Sanitizers
- Tyvek Suits
- Rubber Boots
- Handmade Masks*
*Handmade masks should adhere to CDC guidelines at cdc. gov.
Cash, food, and donations not on the list of specific items WILL NOT be accepted at these locations. Marylanders are encouraged to send other donations to local nonprofits and churches.
Drop off locations are open:
- Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The four donation drop off locations in Maryland are:
- Ellicott City: 3291 St. John‘s Lane, Ellicott City, Md.. 21042
- (240) 342-6160
- Cambridge: 3105 Mallard Court., Cambridge, Md. 21613
- (410) 357-1464
- Visible from Rt. 50. Drop off in the parking circle.
- Hagerstown: 10375 Retreat Way, Hagerstown, MD 21742
- Mt. Aetna Retreat Center
- (240) 347-0575
- May also be listed on GPS as 21905 Mt. Aetna Road
- Silver Spring: 15930 Good Hope Road, Silver Spring, MD 20905
- (301) 678-3620
- Corner of Route 198 and Good Hope Road. Entrance right off of Good Hope Road, lower parking lot.
Donation Facility Safety Procedures:
- ACS Volunteers will adhere to social distancing and wear appropriate protective equipment.
- Donations are received in a designated location.
- All items are inspected, inventoried, and distributed.