3. Keep Volunteers Safe and Healthy
If you are a High Risk individual or if any of the items below 1-4 apply to someone in your immediate household or yourself, please refrain from volunteering.
- You feel sick
- You have been in contact with someone sick in the last 14 days
- You have traveled outside the United States or on a cruise ship in the last 14 days
- You are at higher risk of getting very sick. This includes:
- People over the age of 60
- People who have serious chronic medical conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and lung disease
Organizations that are accepting volunteers should contact their local volunteer connector to learn best practices, such as appropriate restrictions to limit volunteers to best protect vulnerable populations. Find your local volunteer connector, listed here.