Request a volunteer citation, proclamation, or letter of greeting
The Governor’s Office on Service and Volunteerism will no longer process volunteer certificates until further notice.
The Governor’s immediate Office will now provide volunteer citations, proclamations, and letters of greeting as a service to Maryland residents to honor and celebrate people, groups and events or to increase awareness of noteworthy issues among citizens across Maryland. These public service documents are strictly honorary and are not legally binding. All requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
CLICK HERE TO GENERATE A REQUEST.
- A proclamation is issued for a day/week/month in order to bring awareness to an issue, event, or celebration (Flag Day, National Bike to Work Week, First Responder Appreciation Month)
- A citation is to recognize a specific achievement such as an anniversary, grand opening, milestone birthday (70+ years), Boy Scout Eagle Award, Girl Scout Gold Award, retirement, or a similar achievement
- A letter of greeting would be given to help organizations celebrate special events held in Maryland. These typically include business and professional conferences, cultural festivals, non-profit fundraising benefits, and other significant events.
– Letters are only for Maryland state agencies and organizations, or national and international organizations holding conferences, and other significant events in Maryland.
– Letters are not for personal events such as family reunions.
To submit an application for a citation, proclamation, or letter of greeting please review the Guidelines and Procedures below and submit a completed Application Form.
Guidelines and Procedures
- Proclamations should recognize a day, week or month. The Governor’s Office reserves the right to deny any request.
- Proclamations are issued for one date only per request for each calendar year.
- Proclamations must hold statewide significance; out-of-state requests will not be processed.
- Proclamations are not issued to honor individuals.
- Proclamations are not issued for anniversaries (of businesses, individuals, or groups), birthdays, or retirements. These requests would qualify for a citation or letter of greeting.
- Proclamations are not automatically renewed. Requests must be made on an annual basis.
- Any draft language submitted may be edited or revised without notice at the discretion of the Governor’s Office.
- A request for any items that are similar to already issued proclamations will be denied.
- Requests that are similar to already issued proclamations will be denied.
- No requested items may be used as part of an advertisement or commercial promotion without express permission from the Governor’s Office.
- All requests must be submitted using the electronic form below. All phone call requests will be guided to complete this form before the creation process will begin.
- Issuance of any item does not constitute an endorsement by the Governor.
- All requests must be submitted 30 days before the requested delivery date. We do not guarantee that requests will be honored if it is received less than 30 days prior to the requested delivery date.